Friday, December 12, 2008

Custom Detached Garage and Shop Design

The following is a garage project addition I was contracted to work on in the fall of 2008.
The design/build went as follows:
  • I meet with the client (in this case, over the phone and via email with photos), and we discuss their vision for what they would like to accomplish in the new garage.
  • Based on their ideas, I derive an estimate for the design project. This includes conceptual designs and detailed construction documents for permits and for the contractors to build the project.
  • Once we agree on design concept, I create the construction documents.
  • Once construction documents are ready, the client submits for their permit, finds their contractor, and work begins.
My Design Proposal:
After some time and discussion in design, a concept has been agreed upon.
The cars are my added extra - no charge to the client.
This is a rendering that I presented to the client to show what their garage could look like. (click on the images to view in full screen)











The finished project:
Note the similarities from my proposal to the final project.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Commenting

Once your comment has been received, in order to protect against malicious comments, I have enabled a feature that will allow your comments to be moderated and held for approval. Your comment will be approved as soon as possible.