Friday, October 17, 2008

Custom Deck Design - Outdoor Living

The following is a deck addition I was contracted to design.
The design/build process is as follows:
  • I meet with the client and we discuss their vision for what they would like to accomplish in the new outdoor living areas.
  • Based on their ideas, I derive an estimate for the design project. This includes conceptual designs and detailed construction documents for permits and for the contractors to build the project.
  • Once we agree on design concept, I create the construction documents.
  • Once construction documents are ready, the client submits for their permit, finds their contractor, and work begins.

The existing house and deck:



My Design Proposal: I create a virtual model of the house and the new outdoor living area and present a "photo" rendering to the client as well as 2D plans.


The finished project:

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

So...Is the final picture a real picture or a rendering? Because that looks amazing!

Selah Design Services said...

The last picture is the real thing. I took that picture just before final inspection. There are still some minor installations that will go in - but for the most part, that's the finished deck.

The image of the proposed deck is my rendering.

Thanks for the comment.

Post a Comment

Thank You for Commenting

Once your comment has been received, in order to protect against malicious comments, I have enabled a feature that will allow your comments to be moderated and held for approval. Your comment will be approved as soon as possible.